Welcome to our Bruja Workshop! So happy that you clicked on this link. Samhain is a Gaelic festival marking the end of the harvest season and the beginning of winter or the “darker half” of the year. Traditionally, it is celebrated from 31 October to 1 November, as the Celtic day began and ended at sunset. This is about halfway between the autumn equinox and the winter solstice We will be working on ancestral altars, honoring the ones that came before us. Fire for rebirth, symbols and their uses, how to honor and work closely with spirits using the thin veil. We will learn how to scry and use psychic writing along with altar rituals and baths… This listing has two options:
Option #1 Workshop Only
Option #2 Workshop and Samhain kit
Workshop will be held for the month of October through a private fb page and website access.
Over 20 years of experience
- Symbolism of Samhain: Third Harvest, the Dark Mysteries, Rebirth through Death.
- Symbols of Samhain: Gourds, Apples, Black Cats, Jack-O-Lanterns, Besoms.
- Herbs of Samhain: Mugwort, Allspice, Broom, Catnip, Deadly Nightshade, Mandrake, Oak leaves, Sage and Straw.
- Foods of Samhain: Turnips, Apples, Gourds, Nuts, Mulled Wines, Beef, Pork, Poultry.
- Incense of Samhain: Heliotrope, Mint, Nutmeg.
- Colors of Samhain: Black, Orange, White, Silver, Gold.
- Stones of Samhain: All Black Stones, preferably jet or obsidian.
- Traditional Foods: Apples, Pears, Pomegranates, All Grains, Pumpkin-pie, Hazelnuts, Cakes for the dead, Corn, Cranberry muffins and breads, Ale, Cider, Herbal teas (especially Mugwort) and Meat unless vegetarian and then tofu will do.
- Herbs: Calendula, Cosmos, Chrysanthemum, Wormwood, Hazel, Thistle. Incense: Mint, Heliotrope, Nutmeg, Sage or Floral’s.
- Woods and Herbs Burned: Apple, Heliotrope, Mint, Nutmeg, Sage. Sacred Gemstone: Aquamarine.